Circumcision Facts Based on Professional Literature
- Circumcision is extremely painful and traumatic and causes some infants to go into shock. Consequently, it results in behavioral and neurological changes. No anesthetic effectively prevents circumcision pain. See Infant Responses to Circumcision.
- Circumcision is associated with over 100 different potential complications and risks. For example, they include heavy bleeding, infection, surgical injury, and in rare cases, death. See Circumcision: Over 100 Known Complications and Risks.
- The foreskin on the average adult male is about 12 sq.in. of highly erogenous tissue. It protects the head of the penis, enhances sexual pleasure, and facilitates intercourse. See Functions of the Foreskin.
- No national medical organization in the world recommends circumcision. Furthermore, fourteen international organizations have policies that oppose circumcision. See Circumcision Policies of International Organizations.
- Circumcision is associated with erectile dysfunction in the medical literature. For example, a preliminary study found that circumcised men were 4.5 times more likely to use an erectile dysfunction drug. See Circumcision Removes the Most Sensitive Parts of the Penis and Studies on Circumcision. Look for a study title: “Circumcision is Associated with Adult Difficulty in Identifying and Expressing Feelings.”
For more important facts about circumcision, see Male Circumcision Information Summary
Great news!!! We completed legal documents and submitted them to the Massachusetts Court to challenge the Medicaid Office about payments for infant circumcisions that violate State and Federal laws requiring Medicaid payments to be only for medically necessary services!!! For more information, please visit this link!
Psychological and cultural factors affect the claims and beliefs of potential “benefits” of circumcision. Such factors include what circumcision information is communicated to American parents and what circumcision information is withheld. Other factors include what statements are made by American policy committees and what statements are ignored. In addition, what circumcision information is reported in American media and what information is withheld from the public is a cultural factor.
Hear Interviews with Ronald Goldman, Ph.D.
NPR – Talk of the Nation, 6 min
KGO Radio – Pat Thurston Show, 27 min
WBZ Radio – Jordan Rich Show, 14 min
See Videos of Ronald Goldman, Ph.D. on Circumcision Harm, Communication,
and Much More.
Please visit this link and refer others to it!
Help Prevent Circumcisions. Please send us your donation.
Learn about the hidden negative psychological and sexual effects of circumcision and how these effects harm women in relationships with men. This article is based on research reports in the medical and psychological literature. Also see Male Circumcision: A Factor in Violence Against Women?
A revealing account of how color-blindness relates to circumcision, and recognition of sexual loss leads to a difficult path of self-discovery.
This website helped open her eyes.
She held him and affirmed his feelings.