Facts Based on Professional Literature
- Circumcision is extremely painful and traumatic. Some infants to go into shock. It also results in behavioral and nervous system changes. No anesthetic effectively prevents the pain. See Infant Responses.
- Circumcision is associated with over 100 different potential complications and risks. For example, they include heavy bleeding, infection, surgical injury, and in rare cases, death. See Over 100 Known Complications and Risks.
- The foreskin on the average adult male is about 12 sq.in. and is highly sensitive. It protects the head of the penis, improves sexual pleasure, and eases intercourse. See Functions of the Foreskin.
- No national medical organization in the world recommends circumcision. Also, fourteen international organizations have policies that oppose it. See Policies of International Organizations.
- Circumcision is associated with erectile dysfunction in the medical literature. For example, a preliminary study found that circumcised men were 4.5 times more likely to use an erectile dysfunction drug. See Circumcision Removes the Most Sensitive Parts of the Penis and Studies on Circumcision. Look for a study title: “Circumcision is Associated with Adult Difficulty in Identifying and Expressing Feelings.”
For more important facts, see Information Summary
Great news!!! We completed legal documents and submitted them to the Massachusetts Court. We are challenging the Medicaid Office about payments for infant circumcisions. They violate State and Federal laws. These payments shall be only for medically necessary services!!!
Also see this update.
Psychological and cultural factors affect the claims and beliefs of potential “benefits” of circumcision. Such factors include what information is provided to American parents and what information is withheld. Other factors include what statements are made by American policy committees and what statements are ignored. Another cultural factor is what circumcision information is reported in American media and what information is withheld from the public.
Interviews with Ronald Goldman, PhD, Executive Director, Psychologist, Speaker, Author
NPR – Talk of the Nation, 6 min
KGO Radio – Pat Thurston Show, 27 min
WBZ Radio – Jordan Rich Show, 14 min
See Speaking Videos of Ronald Goldman, PhD
Please visit this link and refer others to it!
To support our work, please send us your donation.
Learn about the hidden negative psychological and sexual effects. These effects harm women in relationships with men. This article is based on research reports in the medical and psychological literature. Also see how the practice is A Factor in Violence Against Women.
This is a revealing account of how color-blindness relates to the practice. Recognition of sexual loss leads to a difficult path of self-discovery.
Our website helped open her eyes.
She held him and affirmed his feelings.