The first intensive exploration of the unrecognized psychological and social aspects of this increasingly controversial American cultural practice. Endorsed by dozens of professionals in psychology, psychiatry, child development, pediatrics, obstetrics, childbirth education, sociology and anthropology.
For circumcised men and expectant parents
Urge media to tell the whole story!
Get books, DVDs, CDs, and more
Help protect the next generation
And those who may have future children
Our tips can turn discomfort into power
"What's done to children, they will do to society."
"Parents do not know what they are choosing, and physicians do not feel what they are doing."
"In response to circumcision, the baby cries a helpless, panicky, breathless, high-pitched cry!...[or] lapses into a semi-coma. Both of these states...are abnormal states in the newborn."
"Doctors who circumcise are the most resistant to change. They will not admit that they made a critical mistake by amputating an important part of the penis."
"In this case, the old dictum 'If it ain't broke, don't fix it' seems to make good sense."
"A whole life can be shaped by an old trauma, remembered or not."
"If we are to have real peace, we must begin with the children."
"We are interconnected. When a baby boy's sexuality is not safe, no one's sexuality is safe."
- Creative fundraising ideas to support more projects.
- Publicity and promotion assistance.
- Networking with other organizations having similar interests.
- Researchers to explore psychological, neurobiological, and social effects of circumcision.
- Office and computer help.
- Representatives to help arrange lectures and seminars.
- Contact with nurses and childbirth educators who want to protect infants from circumcision.
- People to contact local and national media.
- Your creative energy.
Care to help? E-mail us!